Date: Mon 23 March 2015: Event: My first ever full-length musical !
I’m super-excited to call myself a London Theatre Impresario! A date, a venue, a show, tickets on sale!
Scary as I’m currently only about 70% of the way through writing every single note of the upcoming musical adventure that will be held in conjunction with the inimitable Hack Circus in exactly one month’s time.
We’ve written a story to go with some expert talks and some rather spiffing tunes as well even if I say so myself. Leila happens to be a genius librettist in my opinion and I’m hoping my tunes and orchestration will do those fantastic lyrics justice. She and I have hatched a musical monster of a night out… What a nerve-wracking but satisfying experience this is!
- I need to finish building the scores and orchestration
- we need to finalise the order of songs and talks and audience interactive bits
- I’ll have to learn and sing pretty much all the songs on the night
- Leila and I have to pre-record some short bits of audio to give on-stage a break
- I’m trying to build a home-made instrument that may or may not work on the night
- Eek I need to do all the audio show control while performing (Ableton I’m looking at you)
- people are actually buying tickets so it has to be good because we have a paying audience.
ONE NIGHT ONLY
Talking of which, if you’re in London that evening AND want to be the first to see this quite peculiar and creative take on the musical genre. From the HC site:
We will be travelling in a unique sound-powered tunnelling vessel, currently under development. Please bear in mind: we really don’t know what we will find. We need a strong healthy team. It might be worth getting down to the gym now if you can.
Bring a torch. This is very important. We are expecting it to be dark.
We will be guided on our journey by three experts: monster afictionado sci-fi author Chris Farnell, historian and volcano enthusiast Ralph Harrington and shark-mad comics legend Steve White – but who knows who (or what) else we might encounter?
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE!
OK, I’m intrigued, tell me more:
(link for mobile users: http://www.hackcircus.com/underworlds )
DID I MENTION TICKETS ARE ON SALE?
Yes!! I’m ready and can’t think of a better way to spend a Monday night!
(link for mobile users: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hack-circus-underworlds-tickets-15756232315?aff=es2&rank=1 )
^^This link goes to the EventBrite Ticket Page if you’d like to buy a ticket or two.
**For some reason, none of my links work. Head over to hackcircus dot com forward slash underworlds. Oh the humanity…